Thursday, January 10, 2008

God

I have been amazed at what God is doing in my life over the past couple of weeks. I have felt, at times, that I couldn't keep my head above water. And at those times I have seen God in all of His glory, strength, power, and grace reach down and tell me that I can make it. He will see me through... just depend on Him.

It seems that over the past few years of marriage God has been telling me the same thing, and now I am finally getting it. I am getting that when He says He will never leave me or forsake me, that is what He means. As many of you know the day we got married seemed to be our last day of normalcy. From that day forward God began a new work in our lives. One we didn't know even existed. My health went from somewhat normal to sick all of the time. From a constant upset stomach, to seizures, to depression. We changed seizure medications. We went to hospital time after time trying to figure out why I couldn't stop throwing up, or why I continued to have seizures. And it seemed at those moments, when we were the most desperate, God reached down and said "I've got this one".

I realized over the past few weeks that God is once again saying "Cynthia, I ve got this one. I am bigger than your anxieties, I am bigger than your relationships, I am BIGGER". In the midst of all of the circumstances these past weeks, I have had to sit down and say to God "I Surrender ALL"! And really surrender it. As some of you know the hard part is leaving it there once you have surrendered it. The easy part is saying that you are going to do it.

But this week I realized if I get up everyday and say "I Surrender ALLL"! I am more likely to leave it at His feet. And when Satan comes in and says "I think you might need to help out", if I go back to the truths I know about God I will leave it there and tell Satan to get lost. This week I have been tempted (after only moments of surrendering something) to intervene, and then I have realized how much more content I am when I trust in the faithfulness of God.

So I pray for all of you that when life gets hard you will be able to surrender it to God, and through those moments you will remember WHO HE IS!

God is Good!
~Cynthia

No comments: