Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Students Teaching - surely not?

You know, it's funny how life gets busy and then it gets slow and then it gets crazy and then it gets dull for a while. I think we're in a bit of a slow spot, but I could be wrong. Let me think about what I can tell you about life in south Austin at the Coppinger residence...

Cynthia started her student teaching last week. I think it couldn't have started better. She has an awesome, veteran teacher as her "sponsor teacher" or whatever they call them, 2nd grade kids are a lot of fun (she reports), and the school she's at is super cool (great principal, too). For anyone who cares, she's at Williams Elementary, not to be confused with Williams High School in Plano, where yours truly went (almost 15 years ago). Darn, now I feel old. Anyhoo, I get to take her most days and I've been riding my bike to work from there, or taking the bus like I did today. I have driven my car once in the past 2 weeks, and that was only cus school was out for MLK day. OK, enough about work/school.

I'm still training for the AT&T Half Marathon in a month. The cold weather hasn't stopped me yet. It's gonna be fun, or it'll kill me. Either way, I'll be a person who's run 13.1 miles further because of it. After that, I've been thinking about other running events, or even triathlons. I just need to find a pool to relearn how to swim.

We got to go to Giddings to celebrate Cynthia's Dad's birthday. That whole branch of the Parker family tree got to come out. We had burgers, fun, a cake, and I didn't even get close to his new motorcycle. You may find that last statement strange, but it turns out that me, empty parking lots, poles, motorcycles and front brake levers that are on the right handlebar don't mix well.

I think that may bring us up to date. "Surely you can't be serious" "I am serious; and stop calling be Shirley" I feel compelled to end my posts with an obscure Airplane quote for Andy.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are a GOOBER, but I wouldn't trade you for the world!! Love,
Elizabeth

Schuknechts said...

Dudes...I'm not sure who's in for more pain. Student teaching, or running a half marathon? Either way, I'm glad I'm not a Coppinger right now! :) We miss you guys!